- Thursday, 20 July 2017
This diet was created by Dr. Geyelin in 1920 and it is low in carbs and high in fat! This doctor concluded a strong relation between decreased number of seizures with his patients and not eating high carb foods!
What is Ketosis? The ketogenic diet works trough glucose elimination, like any low-carb diet. The body normally uses glucose to create energy as you probably live in on a high-carb-diet. The body actually starts melting stored fat when glucose is not available from food sources. This situation is called putting your organism in ketosis! This diet stimulates the body to melt its own fat. This diet has positive effects on epilepsy, heart diseases, Alzheimer’s, obesity, diabetes and even cancer patients. Ketogenic diet decreases the intake of carbs and substitutes them for proteins and healthy fats.
7-Day Ketogenic Diet Plan
- Day 1: Breakfast: bacon, eggs and tomato & Lunch: feta cheese, chicken and olive oil (salad) & Dinner: salmon in butter and cooked asparagus
- Day 2 : Breakfast: goat cheese, eggs, tomatoes, and basil & Lunch: peanut butter with stevia, milkshake, cocoa butter and mixed almond milk & Dinner: meatballs mixed with vegetables and cheddar cheese
- Day 3: Breakfast: keto milkshake & Lunch: avocado, olive oil and prawns & Dinner: parmesan cheese and broccoli salad with pork chops.
- Day 4 : Breakfast: salsa omelette with onions, avocado, spices and peppers. & Lunch: handful of nuts, guacamole and celery with salsa & Dinner: cheese, veggies and stuffed chicken
- Day 5 : Breakfast: cheese omelet and tomatoes & Lunch: previous dinner’s leftovers & Dinner: mushrooms, eggs, steak, and salad
- Day 6 : Breakfast: ham omelet and veggies & Lunch: cheese, ham and a handful of nuts & Dinner: eggs, beef steak and salad
- Day 7 : Breakfast: mushrooms, bacon and eggs & Lunch: salsa cheese and guacamole hamburger & Dinner: eggs, beef steak and salad