- Wednesday, 07 December 2016
Gum recession is not something you want to ignore. As mentioned in the very beginning, if left untreated, it can ultimately result in tooth loss. It is important to take measures in the very beginning before it gets to the point where surgery is compulsory.
Therefore, we present several natural remedies which have been shown as very effective. Once you notice some of the signs of receding gums, such as swollen gums, bleeding after brushing, pain, and bad breath, tries some of the following remedies:
1. Vitamin C : A study conducted at the University of California San Francisco has found that decreased intake of vitamin C leads increases the severity of bleeding gums and vice versa.
2. Aloe Vera : According to a study published in the Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology, aloe vera works as a soothing healer to periodontal diseases. Using products based on aloe vera, such as juice, mouthwash, and toothpaste has the same effect as the gel obtained from crushed aloe vera leaves.
3. Eucalyptus : Eucalyptus is known as an anti-inflammatory substance which works great against gum diseases. This could be the result of its germ-fighting properties; it kills bacteria present in the mouth when the gum recession occurs.
4. Green Tea : According to the findings of a Japanese study published by the American Dental Association, the regular consumption of green tea promotes healthy teeth and gums.